Friday, February 13, 2009

Dinner


I had to use up some hamburger I had unthawed, and the weather was hot, so I didn't want to heat up the oven - so I made this concoction. It turned out pretty good, everyone enjoyed it. 

Saute an onion (I hate having a leftover piece of an onion, so I always just use one whole onion for any recipe.) and brown the hamburger in a little olive oil. I use my cast iron frying pan for this. Then I just sliced up 5 red potatoes, skin and all and added that in with a drizzle of olive oil over the top. I flavored it all with salt, pepper, garlic (lots of garlic), a tiny dash of red pepper, some paprika, and a dash or two of Teryaki sauce.  I laid a lid over the top of the frying pan (it has no actual lid, I just use one from another pan that fits down over the food) and let it cook. I stirred it once in a while. In about 20 minutes it was done (when the potatoes are soft.)  A quick and easy one pan meal. 

1 comment:

Donna D. said...

Isn't it funny that the spur-of-the moment recipes usually turn into a family favorite? I'd like the ground beef and the red potatoes, but I think it would be a little too spicy for my delicate tummy. :) One of my family's favorites came from chicken breasts, frozen broccoli, canned tomatoes, lemon, and rice. (And onions)