Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A New Purse to Sew

Last Friday I had lunch with some friends, one of whom is an avid (and gifted) quilter. She found out that this on-line store, Piney Patch, is locally based in our neighborhood!  On the last Friday of each month, Linda (the owner) opens up her home to let us drop in and shop - so we concluded our luncheon get together at the home of Piney Patch. Linda's home is gorgeous, her business so professional, and her helpfulness is amazing. I bought this kit to make a purse. The kits that were made up did not have the fabric I really wanted - no problem - Linda just helped us all (it was a group effort) select the colors I liked and I now have a customized kit all ready to sew. Below are the 3 fabric choices the group helped me to come up with.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Patti, I recently found a local lady that creates patterns too. I just ordered a purse pattern from her. She is Purse-o-Nalities of Palm Harbor.
Please stop by and visit my blog. I am really new to the blogging world :-)

Jocelyn
http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/

fourkid said...

Hi Jocelyn,
My daughter and I are just starting our first quilting projects. She chose the Kitty Corner pattern from Piney Patch and will make a twin size quilt - and as you know, I chose the purse. I do intent to try some blanket quiliting in the near future.

I read most of your blog - and loved it! You have beautiful quilts and a lovely home. That level of hospitality is what I strive for (though I have a loooong ways to go!)