On April 16-17 a group of friends, the Princess, and I went to a Living Proof Live event in the Tampa area featuring speaker Beth Moore. It was excellent. Beth gave us permission to post the outline of her topic over that Friday evening and next Saturday morning.
That Wild Thing We Call Family
Introduction: The perilous last days feature social issues 2 Timothy 3:1-5, and environmental issues Matthew 24. People will (are) growing less and less attached to family - more hard-hearted.
1. We increasingly lack family - are we deliberately teaching our daughters and granddaughters to be a lady? And our sisters in Christ as well?
2. We need family - people close enough to us to knock the rough edges off. We need depth of relationship - not just FaceBook friends.
3. Family was meant to grow; not shrink. A. Christ came to birth a new family. B. Christ can also resurrect and old family.
4. Any family can have calamity. Whining will never help us - get up and face it and battle it out. Do not fear brokenness - we are already broken, but God puts us back together!
5. Family calamity is most complicated when it comes as a consequence.
6. Family calamity doesn't have to be irreparable. Seek restoration - seek peace. If the situation cannot be repaired - we don't have to be broken. Isaiah 58:6-9 "...not turn away from your own flesh and blood."
7. Christ came to bring honor back to the family.
8. We ARE family. Psalm 68:6 God sets the lonely in families.