Monday, March 28, 2011

Unbroken



Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
by Laura Hillenbrand.

This book was suggested to me by a friend - I had not heard about it - though my history teacher Dh had it on his "To Read" list. Since both of us wanted to read it, we went ahead and bought it.

I was amazed by the depth of research in this book as well as the author's ability to make put it all into a great narrative. I am not especially grounded in the details of history - but this all made sense to me as I read it. I was sad by the depth of depravity to which some men sunk, but encouraged by the bravery and determination of many others. I think this is a "must read" biography that will inspire thankfulness for the sacrifice of all our men in uniform.

No comments: