Friday, January 1, 2010

SWAP 2010


Vogue 7359, originally uploaded by fourkidnubians.
Happy New Year! One of my goals this year is to complete the SWAP 2010. I entered the '09 version last winter, but only did 4 of the 11 required garments. I did get 4 nice skirts from the effort - and I learned about pacing. I also learned a great deal of new sewing techniques this past year, including how to better fit what I am making.  You can click the link above in the title to see the requirements of entering SWAP - but here are my ramblings on it for my particular entries.
Title: Fourkid's Florida Winter
I chose to do Option #2:
2 dresses -single pieces consisting of top and bottom that can be worn alone.
6 tops - t-shirts, shirts, blouses, or camisoles
2 bottoms - jeans, pants, shorts, skirts or kilts.
1 your choice (not an accesory)

1 will be a matched print or stripe.
1 will feature embroidery, beads or sashiko
1 will have buttons as the star feature OR use unusual or alternative closure(s).

So far I have begun working on my first item - the (yellow) jacket pictured above. It is my "choice" item. I am making it in a black wool boucle. Though the pattern is unlined, I will be underlining it with a gray rayon lining fabric.  I am still in the muslin fitting process - but hope to have that ready to go in the next few days. I am formulating plans for the other pieces and will post and update as I progress.

No comments: